1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

LCD HDTV used as monitor

Hello,

I am considering buying a LCD HDTV to use as both a TV and a monitor. Recently Bussincess Depot had an acer 32" TV/monitor for CAN$1,300, but they have discontinued it. So I have gone to other stores and were introduced with a variety of LCD HDTVs which the salesman said can also be used as monitors. I wanted to ask your opinions on whether there is any disadvantages on using a LCD TV as a monitor and switching back and forth between TV and monitor.
    Also do these High Definition TVs (HDTVs) have a sharper image quality?

Thanks for your help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

(Oo;?(Evident.)

LCD quality depends on its panel only, though. When it is broken, TV also will dissapear. Whether HDD is changeable or not also matters. Though it all relies on prices, usually additinal quality are made use of as just high pricing, that is, in order to sell quite common thing or under standard. TV tuner are easily and cheaply built in. If you want TV by all means, I recommend TV tuner card or TV tuner box.
  5. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Personally, I would rather keep them separate. As Megumi says, if one is broken, then you don't have use of the other and I wouldn't like that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo