1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with Maxtor USB hard drive

Hi i am head of Technical department of Management organization and i have made a big mistake ,about 4 month ago i bought a Portable Maxtor USB hard drive x with 80 GB capacity for backups of publishing dept., it was ok but now when we connect it to any computer though new USB device is recognized new drive is not shown in mycomputer in my storage list the name of device is mentioned but no drive is made for that.
    I have lost warranty card and we need data in it as we need the device it self.
    What can i do?

Please help me.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by nimatramon
    Hi i am head of Technical department of Management organization and i have made a big mistake ,about 4 month ago i bought a Portable Maxtor USB hard drive x with 80 GB capacity for backups of publishing dept., it was ok but now when we connect it to any computer though new USB device is recognized new drive is not shown in mycomputer in my storage list the name of device is mentioned but no drive is made for that.
    I have lost warranty card and we need data in it as we need the device it self.
    What can i do?

Please help me.
    Welcome to Dev Shed.

Are there any mapped drives on that particular network? If so, it may be assigning it the same drive letter as one of the mapped drives. You would need to manually change the drive letter to another letter. Not saying this is the case, but I've had it happen at one of my client locations, so just a thought.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo