Thread: missing files

    #1
  1. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy missing files


    hello!
    could anybody help me please
    yesterday i download the Firefox browser and some images into my pc, but i can not find the file or pics. also whatevery i download or save, i can not find it, and it did not ask me where do i like to save it the files.
    please tell me how to find download save files in my pc.

    Thank you.
  2. #2
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    14,317
    Rep Power
    3852
    Think this is more of a windows problem than a hardware problem, maybe one of the mods could swap it over ? (I'm guessing it's windows anyway)

    A couple of questions first mahar to help me with this :

    What version of Windows are you using ?
    Has this just started to happen or has it been like this for a long time ?
    Do you have an active desktop ? i.e. - do you have icons on it ?
    Have you ran any anti-virus or spyware programs recently ?

    Just a few questions to make identifying the problem a little easier. The more information you give, the better
    The No Ma'am commandments:

    1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by mahar
    hello!
    could anybody help me please
    yesterday i download the Firefox browser and some images into my pc, but i can not find the file or pics. also whatevery i download or save, i can not find it, and it did not ask me where do i like to save it the files.
    please tell me how to find download save files in my pc.

    Thank you.
    I believe by default firefox puts downloads into my documents, mydownloads folder. Also if you click tools options and then the downloads tab you can specify to either ask where to save each time or specify a new default folder.
  6. #4
  7. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Think this is more of a windows problem than a hardware problem, maybe one of the mods could swap it over ? (I'm guessing it's windows anyway)

    A couple of questions first mahar to help me with this :

    What version of Windows are you using ?
    Has this just started to happen or has it been like this for a long time ?
    Do you have an active desktop ? i.e. - do you have icons on it ?
    Have you ran any anti-virus or spyware programs recently ?

    Just a few questions to make identifying the problem a little easier. The more information you give, the better
    my Windows version is xp and Has this just started to happen.
    yes i have icons on it and i ran Mcafee also Norton anti-virus.
  8. #5
  9. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by pixelized
    I believe by default firefox puts downloads into my documents, mydownloads folder. Also if you click tools options and then the downloads tab you can specify to either ask where to save each time or specify a new default folder.
    Thanks I got it now!
  10. #6
  11. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    14,317
    Rep Power
    3852
    Sorry, I thought you had meant that you had downloaded FireFox but couldn't find the download to install it. Apologies, I totally misread your question.
    The No Ma'am commandments:

    1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo