Thread: Monitor

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool Monitor

i recently bought a notebook for my dad to mess around with at home and everything was going good when i first opened it up, i updated windows, had all drivers installed and everything was smooth...then i got some weird *** problem that i cant figure out...

if you cant see the pictures well, then basically the monitor is tweakin out...my monitor display is messin up and not straight...i tried messin with the display properties but i couldnt get it straight

if any1 has any help, id appreciate it...thx

also, its an hp notebook...hp pavilion zd7058cl notebook PC
    Last edited by TechNichan; December 2nd, 2003 at 01:46 AM.
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Um, I see no pictures, and you haven't described the problem at all really. What did you (or your dad) do before the problem started? Was the computer dropped or anything?
  5. Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Without seeing pictures of the problem, it's sort of hard to understand the nature of the problem. However, I will share this with you...

Many laptops, as they age, develop problems with the display ribbons that run from the display to the motherboard.

Sometimes it's just the bumping and jarring of use that causes the ribbon to come loose from its connector clip on the motherboard.

Sometimes it's an actual fracturing of the ribbon, commonly at the points where it must bend with the opening and closing of the lid.

If you are adventurous, you could open it up, and take a look for yourself. Be sure to remove the battery first. Find the ribbon and check out its status. You may see the fracture, or you may see the ribbon come undone from the connector clip.

If it's fractured, you can often find the display ribbon part online at http://www.hppartsdirect.com, and they don't cost too much.

If it's undone, then just put it back in.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo