1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry No monitor signal

Hello everyone. A month ago I put together a new computer, asus a8v delux, amd athlon64 3200+, 1gb kingston ddr400(dual channel), ati radeon x800pro(agp) with a 21" dell p1130. This worked beautifully.

It worked beautifully after I packed the whole thing up and went to my parents for two weeks over christmas.

It didn't work when I packed it up, and came back to my place.

The computer powers up and beeps once.
    The monitor works on another computer.
    No other monitor works on this computer.

I have:
    Reseated the agp graphics card
    Reset the system bios.

The CPU and ram both feel secure, though I have not removed and reseated them yet. The sata harddrive seems fine.

I don't know what else to do, and I'm very tired, so I hope one of you has an answer.

Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture

The exact same thing has happened to me, 2 weeks ago.

I tried the same as you by removing ram, graphics card etc and still nothing.

I think it could be the PSU, but im not 100%

I will probably have to resort to getting my pc repaired at a shop.
  5. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

On the monitor cable there is a lot of pins and they instrt into your port and the holes they go in obstructed at all?
  7. No Profile Picture

No obstructions of the ports on the graphics card.

This morning I took the system apart, and inspected each component as it was reassembled, everything looks good, but the problem persists.

~ Dagr
  9. No Profile Picture

So after I put my system back together I forgot to replace the bios rtc battery. On my motherboard to reset the bios (As suggested in other threads) you remove the battery, and move a jumper, wait, replace jumper, replace battery, plug computer in, and restart.

So, I started the computer after 3 hours without the battery, and it came up fine!! I replaced the battery, and it still works, though I had to reset everything in the bios, small price, I know. And now I'm scared to turn it off... :O)

~ Dagr
  11. No Profile Picture

hi there
    same thing is happening to me just built me a nice new computer with the ati x800 pro but the monitor is saying no signal dont know what to do nothing seems to work tried reseting the cmos but to no avail,tried removing and refitting all the other parts but it wont have it ,any ideas anyone i'm going insane with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo