1. Trying to improve
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mouse going berserk...

hey!

Im using a Logitech Performance MX Darkfield mouse and I have a real annoying problem with it!

Its a wireless mouse with the option to use it as a wired with USB, which is also used for charging.

My problem is that whenever I plug the cord, the mouse is going berserk! (Nothing when its wireless)
    It right-clicks, mousewheel-clicks, thumb-clicks, going back in the browser, zooming etc etc
    Now I've searched everywhere for a solution but I haven't found any.

I've got the latest driver and the correct software.
    (Installed all of this when I started having this issue)

I scanned my computer several times with anti-virus, anti-spyware and register-cleaner, but to no avail.
    I've followed guides to fix similar issues, but nothing seem to work.

Devshed will be my last resort to try and fix this.

Software used:
    Genuine Windows 7 64-bit SP-1 (installed SP1 after I got the issue)
    Ad-Aware
    Spy-bot S&D
    Ccleaner
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Avast Anti-Virus FREE

All software is up to date as of today!

Thankful for any help!
    Let me know if you wanto get a HiJackThis log, will not post now as I'm not sure this is the right forum.
    Last edited by mrsarun; January 13th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Did it always have this problem when plugged in? Or did it just develop one day?

You might try removing all drivers and starting from scratch. I know I've had weird things happen sometimes with devices such as this if you plug them in before installing the manufacturer's software.

You might also try uninstalling the base USB drivers and reinstalling them, too. I doubt it's a virus/malware/etc. that's causing this. I'd be much more concerned about either bad drivers or something physical such as the cable itself or the USB port you're plugged into. Those sorts of issues are rare with such a well developed technology, but worth considering as well.
    Adam TT
  5. Trying to improve
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    Did it always have this problem when plugged in? Or did it just develop one day?

You might try removing all drivers and starting from scratch. I know I've had weird things happen sometimes with devices such as this if you plug them in before installing the manufacturer's software.

You might also try uninstalling the base USB drivers and reinstalling them, too. I doubt it's a virus/malware/etc. that's causing this. I'd be much more concerned about either bad drivers or something physical such as the cable itself or the USB port you're plugged into. Those sorts of issues are rare with such a well developed technology, but worth considering as well.
    thanks for the answer!

No it hasn't been like this all the time, it just developed last month, somehow, thats why I thought it's a malware of some sort, but the more I search about it, I think its the cable like you say.
    I tried almost every USB-port I have, and it works for about 30 mins, and then the issue is back.
    I tried to upgrade the USB-drivers aswell, but it did not work.

Im gonna format the computer within the near future and if the problem persists I know it has to do with the cable I guess!

Annoying as hell though as I work alot at my computer and have to leave the desk becouse of the mouse
    (As in I have to close all windows so that it wont cut/delete any code I've done )
    Last edited by mrsarun; January 13th, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
  7. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Some other things that might be worth checking is Process Explorer and mabye even Process Monitor. Process Explorer is a juiced up task manager, just don't forget to right-click on the column headers and select some important ones like "command line" to see what things are running. Process Monitor is a running log of every process command that goes through the CPU from the OS perspective (everything except the machine level commands basically.) If there is something that's running and shouldn't be these two tools will catch it.
    Adam TT

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo