Thread: NIC Troubles

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

NIC Troubles

I'm having some trouble with my Network Interface Card. I was on Windows one day playing a game, and my computer reboots suddenly. When I rebooted up, I couldn't get online. I checked to see if my modem was working and what not, and everything was fine. So I started checking my network setup, and PGPNet's Virtual Adapters (which I used for both Windows and FreeBSD) drivers had been corrupted, so I tried to update them but it didn't work. So I uninstalled PGP, and my NIC wasn't being detected at all. I took it out, inserted it into anothe PCI slot, but it still wasn't being detected. I manually updated the drivers but still nothing.

I'm not sure what's wrong here, it seems as though my NIC isn't being detected by Windows, and the manual installation doesn't work. I tried moving it all over into different PCI Slots but it still isn't working. Any thoughts? Atm, Im running through a USB connection, so I have temporary internet until I can figure out what's wrong with my Network Interface Card. I also installed PGP again, and the only adapter it can bind with is my Modem...

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me.

My NIC is Kingston 110TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anyone?
  5. Contributing User

sounds like the nic is fried. have you tried a different nic, or tried yours in a different machine?
    She showed me her software so i pulled out my python.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo