July 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
How to make your pc runs faster?
1. Download the free CCleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
2. Install it
3. click on Tools at the left. It should say Uninstall.
4. There is a list of all the programs on your PC. Uninstall the ones you don't need, like stupid browser toolbars, old games, etc. Don't uninstall any Microsoft files and don't uninstall your Anti-Virus*
5. After you've done that, restart your computer
6. Then, clear off any un needed desktop shortcuts. Believe it or not these do make your computer take longer to start up if you have too many of them, because it's got to figure out where to put each one and which icon to give it.
7. Then go to CCleaner again, click on Cleaner (If you're not already there). hit Run Cleaner in the bottom right corner. If it gives you a warning message about deleting files just hit OK or whatever it says so you continue Smile
8. Once it's done, go to the Registry tab. CLick Scan for Issues. Then hit Fix Selected issues when its done scanning for them. it will ask you to back up the registy file. CLick no. Select FiX all selected issues. Then you can close that, and go back to the Tools tab. CLick on Startup (at the left sort of). Disable anything from Apple, Adobe, Sun, Java, RealPlayer, etc. IMPORTANT: Leave anything from Microsoft.
Close CCleaner and restart your computer again. One last thing to do is go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter. Defrag your C drive (do not use your computer while this is running)(it might take a long time). It's fun to watch though if your bored.
*Which Anti-Virus do you use? If you use a slow and bloated one like Norton, it can really slow stuff down. I would recommend Microsoft Security essentials for the best speed, and Comodo Internet Security for the best protection. They're both free!
July 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM
CCleaner is a great program, however, if you're going to give instructions on how to help clean up a computer and possibly help speed up their computer, don't instruct anybody that may or may not have experience to click no when asked to back up the registry file. If anyone is going to make changes to the registry, they should always make a backup first.
Originally Posted by hourb
"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
July 22nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
The software is really cool. My speed really improves and one more tip to increase your PC speed is just delete all TEMP file and cookies from your computer. It really works.
July 26th, 2011, 01:52 PM
CCleaner is very popular and used by many.
Another free software that I have used is not as well known but
works great and has never given me problems.
It was recommended to me by a PC Repair shop.
Hope this helps.
July 26th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Instead of just throwing random fixit programs at your computer, it's better to spend the time to identify the actual cause of your problem, then use the correct tool to fix that problem.
I've never been able to appreciate the sublime arrogance of folks who feel they were put on earth just to save other folks from themselves .." - Donald Hamilton
July 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM
There are several programs to speed up your computer, ccliner is good, there are many others. I personally like the most TuneUp Utilities 2006 5.0.2331. Somehow it is easiest to do it, it is nice and well organized program does its job, not cluttered like other newer programs
ya,c cleaner is good,tuneup is also good,you can delete the unused files manually,go to run and type %temp%,then click ok.After that a window will open with a lot of temporary files,delete all files to clean your c drive.
I think the best way is clean your pc everyday, if the hardware is going down, there's not much we can do except upgrade them
June 14th, 2012, 07:08 PM
CCleaner is a great program.good luck!
i think the software ccleaner is very good at cleaning our computer and it makes pc faster also.