1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation How to make your pc runs faster?

1. Download the free CCleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
    2. Install it
    3. click on Tools at the left. It should say Uninstall.
    4. There is a list of all the programs on your PC. Uninstall the ones you don't need, like stupid browser toolbars, old games, etc. Don't uninstall any Microsoft files and don't uninstall your Anti-Virus*
    5. After you've done that, restart your computer
    6. Then, clear off any un needed desktop shortcuts. Believe it or not these do make your computer take longer to start up if you have too many of them, because it's got to figure out where to put each one and which icon to give it.
    7. Then go to CCleaner again, click on Cleaner (If you're not already there). hit Run Cleaner in the bottom right corner. If it gives you a warning message about deleting files just hit OK or whatever it says so you continue Smile
    8. Once it's done, go to the Registry tab. CLick Scan for Issues. Then hit Fix Selected issues when its done scanning for them. it will ask you to back up the registy file. CLick no. Select FiX all selected issues. Then you can close that, and go back to the Tools tab. CLick on Startup (at the left sort of). Disable anything from Apple, Adobe, Sun, Java, RealPlayer, etc. IMPORTANT: Leave anything from Microsoft.

Close CCleaner and restart your computer again. One last thing to do is go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter. Defrag your C drive (do not use your computer while this is running)(it might take a long time). It's fun to watch though if your bored.

*Which Anti-Virus do you use? If you use a slow and bloated one like Norton, it can really slow stuff down. I would recommend Microsoft Security essentials for the best speed, and Comodo Internet Security for the best protection. They're both free!
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by hourb
    8. Once it's done, go to the Registry tab. CLick Scan for Issues. Then hit Fix Selected issues when its done scanning for them. it will ask you to back up the registy file. CLick no. Select FiX all selected issues.
    CCleaner is a great program, however, if you're going to give instructions on how to help clean up a computer and possibly help speed up their computer, don't instruct anybody that may or may not have experience to click no when asked to back up the registry file. If anyone is going to make changes to the registry, they should always make a backup first.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The software is really cool. My speed really improves and one more tip to increase your PC speed is just delete all TEMP file and cookies from your computer. It really works.
  7. Contributing User

CCleaner is very popular and used by many.

Another free software that I have used is not as well known but
    works great and has never given me problems.
    It was recommended to me by a PC Repair shop.
    Glary Utilities

Hope this helps.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Instead of just throwing random fixit programs at your computer, it's better to spend the time to identify the actual cause of your problem, then use the correct tool to fix that problem.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  11. No Profile Picture

There are several programs to speed up your computer, ccliner is good, there are many others. I personally like the most TuneUp Utilities 2006 5.0.2331. Somehow it is easiest to do it, it is nice and well organized program does its job, not cluttered like other newer programs
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ya,c cleaner is good,tuneup is also good,you can delete the unused files manually,go to run and type %temp%,then click ok.After that a window will open with a lot of temporary files,delete all files to clean your c drive.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think the best way is clean your pc everyday, if the hardware is going down, there's not much we can do except upgrade them
  17. No Profile Picture

CCleaner is a great program.good luck!
  19. No Profile Picture

i think the software ccleaner is very good at cleaning our computer and it makes pc faster also.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo