Thread: Please help!

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please help!

I am building a new computer for myself (I have built them in the past). I have a motherboard, CPU, video card, sound card, DVD writer, CDRW drive, hard drive, 3.5" disk drive, 2 GHz memory and a 300 watt P/S (which said it was P4 approved). When I go to turn the computer on, there is a green light that comes on the motherboard and a green light behind the computer's power switch, but nothing else works. No hard drive spinning, no CD drives, making any boot up noise, etc. I thought it was the power supply, so I ordered another of the same case. The same problem happens with this new case. Any suggestions?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

A place to start:

quote:

System designs based on Pentium 4 processors will require ATX12V power supply. The extra +12V power connector enables the delivery of more current to the Pentium 4 processor. The presence of the +12V 4-pin connector indicates that the power supply is an ATX12V. The absence of the +12V 4-pin connector indicates that the power supply is not compatible.

is the 4 pin connector connected?

http://www.intel.com/personal/resour...wer_supply.htm

Otherwise start with only the power supply, motherboard and cpu..... does it come up?

If so, start adding components one at a time, booting each time to isolate the bad part.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo