1. Me likey breadsticks...
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Port Forwarding Linksys wireless/switch combo

Just picked up a Linksys wireless/4 port switch combo and am having some probs with port forwarding and was wondering if anyone else had any problems as well?

I had the Linksys 5 port switch working with no problems and was able to use port forwarding for games and serving up http/ssh/smtp/pop/imap but after swapping out for the new one forwarding doesn't seem to be working.

I even tried enabling the DMZ for the linux server and no dice. All the comps on the network have static IPs, and I just upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

-b
    PostgreSQL, it's what's for dinner...
  3. Me likey breadsticks...
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Checked the MS router/switch combo as well and I guess for some reason newer home switches aren't supporting loopback which causes this problem. So as it turns out port forwarding is working, but I just can't tell it's working because I'm inside the network and the router won't let me pop outside of the network and pop back in which means DNS probably won't work correctly for anything behind the router for anyone inside the network, but the rest of the world is fine.

Already emailed MS support about how much this sucks especially since this feature was available on one of their older versions of the router. If anyone wants to help out (or just bug Microsoft) send a message to hnbugs@microsoft.com so they can fix this. If you're too lazy I'll writeup a form letter you can copy and paste .

-b
    Last edited by bcyde; October 31st, 2003 at 01:07 PM.
    PostgreSQL, it's what's for dinner...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo