1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No Power to Dell Laptop

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 2600 Laptop. She used it and everything was fine, but she let it set for a couple of weeks and when she went to use it again, there was no power. The power cord is plugged in, but no lights and nothing happens when you push the power button. I put a different battery and power cord on, that I know is good and still nothing happens. It is just as if the battery is dead and It is not hooked up to ac at all. What could have caused this problem, and what can be done about it? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, stewill
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

A(^^;(Serious!)

0. Clean the plug and plug hole thoroughly.

1. Plug the power cord and put a reset button at some intervals.

2. Plug the power cord and leave it for a while even half a day. Switch on and off at some intervals.

3. Putting the switch and plug and unplug at some intervals.

4 Take it into pieces and change lithium battery.

5 At the same time, check all the connection which you can detect and suspect. clean them.
  5. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Another thing would be to make sure that all the connector pins are clean. If it had been stored in certain places, the connnectors may not be clean enough to take a proper electrical signal. Also, you can call Dell up (if it's still only like a year old or less) and they can help you too, it's what you paid them to do. It is possible that the computer might have gotten bumped around too hard and/or in the wrong ways, so something could be broken internally. If you can't get it to work still after trying both mine and megumi's suggestions, call Dell, they really do have great tech support.

AdamPI
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

DELL laptop not powering up, dead and won't turn on

My friend had a Dell laptop that didn't power up anymore unless you wiggled the power adapter cord and plug end, while it was in the power jack of his Dell inspiron 5150. The laptop looks like the Dell 5160, 1150, 8500, 6000 and others. But he was unable to turn it on, power it up or charge the battery. It turned out that the power jack was bad and he got help from, <--mod edit email address removed-->, Considered an expert at repairing these power jacks. It was a good solution as Dell and others wanted $500 or more to replace the whole motherboard.

Thanks and good luck
    funguy6
    Last edited by aitken325i; May 13th, 2006 at 08:30 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed
  9. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This thread is almost 2 years old, so I'm locking it. Anyone has any issues with this, then do not hesitate to PM me.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo