1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Reformat overwritten CD

Left an installation disk in my CDRW drive and one of the munchkins got to playing on the computer and it looks like they tried to burn a song on the disk. Now I want to install the software on my new laptop and cannot read from the drive. Explorer now identifies it as an audio CD and the only file that shows up is a Track01.cda file that Real Player tries to open. CD properties shows the disk as being full, but this 1kb file is the only file that is listed. Is it possible that the disk can be fixed, or am I better off confessing my sins to the software vendor and begging them for a replacement copy?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

was the disk a rw?
  5. No Profile Picture

CD Format

No, the CD was original software disk in CDROM format.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if it is not a rw disk then they either scratched it, finger printed it, or the drive has other problems, check the disk for even specs of lint. if it's clean, try other disk in the drive. if it just wont auto play try going to my computer , right click the drive and select explore. see if the cd contents are still there. it should not be possible to write over, format, or erase a cdr,....but stranger things have happened.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo