1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Screen going crazy!

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a new computer: i5, 4 Gigs of RAM, etc.

A couple of times since the purchase my screen has gone completely "insane", as shown in the link below.

Screen going crazy!

I have swapped monitors over, with the "box" still powered, and the screen has been the same.

I also have my computer setup for remote access by VNC (Virtual Network Client) and when it is running normally logging on is not an issue, but when the screen goes "crazy" I am unable to logon!

This computer has 64 Bit Windows 7 and all manufacturers drivers installed on it, and it only goes "crazy" occasionally, twice in about three weeks.

If anybody has any ideas of what may be causing this fault please share them with me.

Thanks

Davo
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

One of two things, bad cable or bad graphics card. The good news is that since you said it was new everything should be under warranty still. Bad news is that the chances of it being a bad cable are kind of slim. I'd get the graphics card replaced quickly.
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    One of two things, bad cable or bad graphics card. The good news is that since you said it was new everything should be under warranty still. Bad news is that the chances of it being a bad cable are kind of slim. I'd get the graphics card replaced quickly.
    admin win like that, all that is new should not tamper, but taken to the store to complain

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo