Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

vertical line I9300 part number

hello people out there...
    those of you who have been lucky enough to get their faulty I9300 screens replaced - could you please, please, please post the part numbers affected? e.g., is it the K9922 or the K9975 that gets replaced?
    anther question:
    HOW is it possible to get on a Dell Chat without warranty???
    thanks in advance to all of you.
  2. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lightbulb Why Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Dells

I would suggest hooking it up to the external monitor to see if the laptop might be overheating and causing the onboard graphics chip to spaz out. If it comes up fine I would call it either a bad/pinched cable or bad display screen.
  3. No Profile Picture

blue lines, red line, dashed yellow line?!

6 months went by after my first blue line, until the next lines started to appear. Within the next few months, more came.

I now have 4 lines on my 9400 screen. Two blue ones, a red one, and a yellow one that seems to come and go. This yellow line also seems somewhat responsive to whats on my screen and if I'm moving windows around across my screen. Often its even a dashed line!

So I tried following dells link here:

(link to 'Removing Display Assembly' manual for 9400 here)

that says I should remove my screen then put it back together. Unfortunately the instructions were too poor, and I got stuck trying to remove the bezel. It just wouldn't come off. But I reseated the cable that attached from the screen to the base.

The lines are still here. My guess is that its caused by "The most common type of failure that leads to lines on the display is an open circuit connection between the driver IC (flexible circuit board) and LCD glass."

But all lines appeared while my laptop hasn't left my desk for months.

Dell, you think you are saving money by not replacing our screens. But when my friends ask, 'why are there lines on your screen?', I just tell them the truth - 'oh, its a common problem with dell laptops.' You've lost several customers already. My previous Dell laptop had 2 dead pixels since purchase and the battery died within 2 years - not a good track record!
  4. No Profile Picture

Oh dear...

I've a Dell Inspiron 9400 bought in April 06. They threw in a free screen upgrade - bugger - and now my beautiful shiny screen has two one pixel blue lines on it. No amount of pressing and cajoling will make them go, however, they did turn up just after I'd replaced the keyboard, which I spilled water on... perhaps there's a connection problem says she hopefully. Otherwise, I'll ring, point them here and hope. No wonder they were so keen for me to renew the warrenty... Still it's done 27 months before going tits up...

If I manage to fix it/get it fixed I'll keep you posted!

Cheers

Sweary
  5. No Profile Picture

I have the same problem as all in this thread. A lime green one pixel strip appeared at about 3/4 way to the right side of the monitor. It just appeared as I was working. However, sometimes it would disappear and then I can see it show through again. As I write this post, the line flickers. Do you think there is any hope?

The laptop is a 9300 Inspiron bought in August in 2005. I know its pretty old but I always thought that the matrix is something that rarely breaks. Do the rest of brands go bad the same way or its just dell? If its only limited to dell, i am switching to a different brand.
  6. No Profile Picture

Oh deary me

I have five lines on my Dell now and then the power cable went a month ago. 100 for a new screen and 50 for a new power box says new computer, to me.

Sigh.

Like YAHA, I, too, would love to change brands but sadly I fear I am just jinxed. My first computer was a Sony Viao which lasted 8 years, then I bought an Evesham, it had a great write up in all the mags. It went back to the factory to be mended five times in 18 months. Eventually they lost it and sent me a brand new replacement by which time I'd already bought the Dell.

After using the Dell for two years that's broken so I'm now using the free Evesham.

Frankly I reckon you haven't a hope in hell of finding a reliable brand of computer, they all suck. Another friend of mine had an Acer which spent more time in the factory than on his desk. I blame those pesky first adopters why bother with customer service when the only people you are interested in aren't going to be using their computers long enough to need it.

I guess there are two alternatives for people like us. The first is to buy a cheap 300 computer every year and chuck it away when it breaks... sadly, that means the monster shag of uploading all your software and customising Windows - a several day job in my case - and it also means buying a Dell. The second is to go the other way, spend a small fortune on a Sony Vaio and hope this one lasts 8 years like the other one I had!

Cheers y'all

Sweary
  7. No Profile Picture

Dell Inspiron 1520
    Just after 14 months of use the vertical line issue appeared.
    Dell has had problems in the past and they continue to this day to have them. There has not been a post here since 2006. What does that tell you. The Dell Vertical Line Issue is back. My model is still being sold today.

I have just recently created a website on the Dell Vertical Line Issue
  8. No Profile Picture

Hello everyone. First post here. Sorry for the thread necro but I just wanted everyone to know that in August of 2006 I purchased a refurbished Dell 1300 notebook. I have the exact same issue as you guys. Can someone tell me if they got their screen replaced somehow. I'm upset about this and would like to have it resolved.
  9. No Profile Picture

hi,

on my inrpiron 8600 I got the first line in cyan after 5(!) years. Now after 6 years thera are a lot different.

but! they are next together. and THE DISPLAY IS NOT THE FAULT.

if you press with a hard pressure on the plastic of the display above the lines, the display becomes clear and healthy! without any line. so i put a forcepts for a day at this point and now a few lines. may be the glue at the display is vanish over the time. I will try to fiy it by glueing it and put pressure on it by forceps... it is 6 yrs old and i will leave a note if it works....

mayba: do you have some hints ho to glue the space between display and plastic top?

Dell Inspiron 1545

I have a very similiar problem with my screen on my dell inspiron 1545... I have two lines that go completely across the screen that are 1 pixel thick and seperated by a 1 pixel thick line of working pixels... however where it sounds as if the lines of pixels on your screens are all vertical mine are horizontal and on the 15 inch screen they are located about a third of the way up from the bottom... this computer is just over a year old and the lines appeared yesterday.. as a computer science major and these lines make coding extremely difficult..
  11. No Profile Picture

prob not video card

I replaced the mother board on mine albeit with a used mother board and nothing changed. It still had the same lines and in the same locations.
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo