Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I finally managed to save up enough patience to call Dell. Of course, I got someone from Pakistan or somewhere who I could not understand and he could not understand me. They wanted me to pay $39.50 for the technical support since I was out of warranty. I refused. Of course, at that point, he was through listening. I explained that this was NOT an isolated incident, and I would be happy to provide him with the links to all the websites (including Dell's own forum) where this "isolated incident" was profoundly widespread. He gave me his email address, and assured me that someone would contact me within a week. Need I say more? I emailed them about 10 days later, telling them I had expected to be ignored, but please not to think that I was going to just give up on this. I received a phone call the next day (SATURDAY) while I was at the mall Christmas shopping. He acted somewhat smug when I explained that I was nowhere near my laptop. Because I was in a store, I had to control my language, but I politely explained (yet again) that this was not an isolated incident and that it was on Dell's forums if he wanted to see for himself. Long story short, he gave me the phone number to Dell's out-of-warranty department.... which is what I thought I had called in the first place. I will continue to fight the fight.... Oh, I forgot to tell you, they think because I am female, they can talk to me as if I am a child... and don't understand anything technical..... which needless to say, infuriates me even more.
  3. No Profile Picture

One more in the list !
    The first line appeared about 8 month ago, now I have 49 lines over my screen.
    I contacted Dell when I saw the first line, that was 2 weeks after the end of the warranty time. They basically told me that I was f...d
  5. No Profile Picture

Chalk Up Another One Dell...This Isn't Gonna Go Away

Well, same story, new face.
    Dell Inspiron 9300, shipped 9/2005. I have a single yellow line right-center of display. Also, just for kicks they've thrown in sporadic dead pixels (3 of 'em) and some sort of discolored "blotch" has appeared at top right. Although it's a laptop, the thing never leaves my desktop so I know it hasn't been dropped or otherwise suffered from use-and-abuse.
    I figured if it was just the one line, it wasn't worth the 7-10 day timeframe to ship it out (ya right, if past history is any indication it would be more like three weeks to replace something I could do myself in probably an hour or so.) Anyway, from reading all the other relevant info from Googling this topic I'm pretty sure the number of lines will only increase as time goes on.
    I've always subscribed to the 'one person can't make a difference' attitude, but I'm hoping that every card added to this house will eventually lead to the stack crumbling and Dell conceding that they are in the wrong here and we hard working (loyal in some cases as this is my third Dell laptop) consumers should be dealt with in a professional and prompt manner. None of this 'oh, this is the first I've heard about this, but I tellya what we're gonna do. Psst, don't tell anyone about it cause I'm pulling some strings here for you just cause you seem like a good guy. You give us 498 bucks and we'll ship you a new *refurbished* replacement that you can then install yourself on your own time. We're sure you don't have anything better to do. Or, if you simply pay us 500 bucks, we'll then give you the honor of shipping your unit to us and we'll replace it in...oh, 7-10 days (garbled laughter in the background) and get it right back to you. How does that sound pardner?'
    But I digress, Dell just fess up and do what you spend hundreds of thousands (millions?) on advertising that you claim to do and that is giving your customers a quality product at an affordable price.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ugh, I got my Dell Inspiron today and I love it, I really hope these problems don't happen to me!
  9. No Profile Picture

I'm in the boat too

I bought my inspiron 9300 in the UK. It arrived around mid March, 2005. I chose the wuxga option as I'm a designer.

Around September 2006 a single, vertical red line appeared, two thirds from the left hand side. About a month later, a single vertical blue line, one third from the left hand side. Irritating, but I was able to point out to my friends how common the 'rule of thirds' is in cinematography.

About half an hour ago, Dec 28th 2006, a 4.5cm thick vertical black line appeared, just to the left of centre. Obviously, I'll be contacting Dell, as this is no longer a minor irritation. Could be tricky as I'm currently living in Japan.

I get a '500 Server Error' when trying to view dellverticalline. Has this site gone down?

cheers, will let you know how I get on,

Chris
  11. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by kiwi_chris
    I get a '500 Server Error' when trying to view dellverticalline. Has this site gone down?
    It appears it might have done - I get it too.
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  13. No Profile Picture

Another one bites the dust

Needless to elaborate on the problem, just that mine has started with a single blue line right at the center of the screen. Way to go !!

Will start my calling up from tomorrow, but looks like a long road ahead.

Have heard too many stories about dell and they being best in the business and have revolutionized the way supply chain works and other innovations.

Time has come for Dell to prove that they are the market leaders in customer satisfaction too.

Like many responsible automobile companies who recall the whole unit after years in the field, Dell should identify the period for which these complaints are coming and get a free replacement. This will showcase how responsible Dell is a organization and instill confidence in many potential customers too.

So dell folks if you are listening, it's time to act.

As for us, Lets continue the struggle, we are bound to succeed whether in short or long haul.

- Abhi
  15. No Profile Picture

dellVerticalLine Site Down

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but it seems strange that just when the dellVerticalLine.com site really started gathering steam, it now is down. I'm hoping the administrators of the site are simply revamping the site's layout to keep load times down (as anyone who visited can probably attest, with all the cases on one screen the load time was horrible.)
    Either that, or Mr. Dell's goons are continuing to perpetrate a massive cover-up reaching well into governmental agencies with an end goal of complete termination of all those who would attempt to expose this monumental collapse of Dell's pristine image (ok, maybe not)
    ~Vice
  17. No Profile Picture

Another forum needed

Let us think of a orkut cummunity if we don't get the dellverticalline up and running soon.

I can be the moderator for the cummnity. Please respond if you want to take this forward.
  18. No Profile Picture

I'm in
  19. No Profile Picture

Looks like the vertical line site is back up, but count me in anyway on any more groups/websites etc. I'll do whatever it needs to get Dell to replace these screens to be honest.
  20. No Profile Picture

The site is down for me.

I have the same problem with a 9200 that started a week after the 1 year warranty with one line. Now has 20!

Does the 9200 model have the same screen as the 9300?
  21. No Profile Picture

Let's increase our presence on the Net

To allow more folks searching the net for similar issues with their Inspiron notebooks, we need to increase our accessibility on the net.

Please help by joining and propagating this orkut community and making our group stronger

orkut.com/CommInvite.aspx?cmm=25655583
  22. No Profile Picture

Sorry about the website downtime. I've been on vacation and the fastest internet connection was 9.6 kbps. I'm going to be spending some time on the site tomorrow.

Again, sorry for the trouble.
  23. No Profile Picture

I also had a dell inspiron 9300 that had 2 screens went belly up on. on both occasions both out of warranty (first one by 2 months second one by 8 months). i phoned there tech support had ago at them, and lo and behold they changed the screen FOC as an act of good will. i have not got rid of the laptop and got an XPS
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo