Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by BradBrening
    It looks like this issue is gaining traction. An article on today's Register describes the problem:

Ah - no linking. Sorry. Anyway, if you go to TheRegister dot com, you'll see there is an article describing this problem.
    Here is the link for anyone who would like to see it ==> Clicky
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  2. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Fixed!

I dig around and was able to find the email address of the VP of Dell's Small Business Division. So, on Sunday, I sent him an email stating the problem with the screen and my extreme dissatisfaction with the situation. On Monday morning, he emailed me back stating that he'd forwarded my email to a tech support manager. Later that day, this manager called me, verified the problem, and said he was shipping me a new screen - even out of warranty. Today (Tuesday), I received the screen and have it installed. As I am typing this, I no longer have a big line running through the screen!

This surely makes me feel better about dealing with Dell. I only wish that they didn't make it so difficult to get this level of support.
  3. No Profile Picture

website update

guys i've tried getting slashdot to run a story but it's been "pending" for several months now.

If you guys could start writing emails to the various online news outlets i'd really appreciate it. For instance, when The Register ran the story on the 22nd, there were 5,000 visits (not hits) to the site. That's 5,000 more people who now know about the problem as compared to the 21st. Every little bit helps.
  4. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by BradBrening
    I dig around and was able to find the email address of the VP of Dell's Small Business Division. So, on Sunday, I sent him an email stating the problem with the screen and my extreme dissatisfaction with the situation. On Monday morning, he emailed me back stating that he'd forwarded my email to a tech support manager. Later that day, this manager called me, verified the problem, and said he was shipping me a new screen - even out of warranty. Today (Tuesday), I received the screen and have it installed. As I am typing this, I no longer have a big line running through the screen!

This surely makes me feel better about dealing with Dell. I only wish that they didn't make it so difficult to get this level of support.
    Could you post this email address so that the others of us with this problem could try the same please? Thanks in advance.
  5. No Profile Picture

Help in contacting the VP of SMB at Dell

I would like to know how to get this guys(Frank M.) email address so I can try the same approach.
    RY
  6. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google this: "youtube HP service Iraq" and check out the top search results returned.

I think that's what I'd to with the Dell's and make sure the video is posted on YouTube. A slickly produced and edited YouTube vid will have more impact than thousands of phone calls and customer complaints.

BTW, The Register DID cover the video of the printer getting shot up in Iraq. You need a sexy hook as well as a valid complaint these days to get high profile coverage.
    Last edited by Purple Avenger; January 29th, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi

posted this on Dell forums too.

Perhaps, a new hope, I suggest we en masse try the 'new customer services team' ("not outsourced") with an *email address*!!! No more phone call waiting times it would seem if this is a genuine attempt to be more customer friendly.

(E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules)

original source found at ed botts windows expertise site

"RichardatDELL says:

Hi Mark, and Hi David

Just noticed your comments here and I wanted to be in touch with you about the issues you are experiencing. Im sorry you have had some challenges with our support.

As you can imagine, undertaking the kind of changes we have initiated is a huge project, including retraining current employees, hiring more employees, changing the way we work and much more. I dont say that as an excuse….its just our reality. We are not yet where we want to be…although we are focused and moving ahead. Sorry your contact with us has not been up to snuff.

Second, it is unclear to me from your comments if you have followed the advice offered by Ed. Could you each please send an email toE-Mail address blocked: See forum rules).

Mention Ed Botts blog right in the title line, so we connect the dots.

We just reviewed all the emails coming in the couple days after Christmas and I cant find a Mark or David. Therefore, if you both could follow up and email us, we will get to work with you.

Just to add a little context, set your expectations and clarify a couple things, because of the holidays and our limited staffing during that time, we are running a little behind. We are usually in touch with folks who email us within 24 to 48 hours. Mark, that likely helps explain why you did not hear in the first couple hours, although we cannot find an email from either of your names.

Also, I want to let you know that the(E-Mail address blocked: See forum rules) team is based here at our corporate headquarters. We are not out sourced.

Look forward to our being in touch"
  8. No Profile Picture

sorry about email address removal- a newibe!

if you copy some text into google or go to Ed botts site you will locate this new customer services team email.

I am sending a major treatise to them tomorrow!!
  9. No Profile Picture

I just sent an email to the address listed on Ed Botts site, will keep you posted.
  10. No Profile Picture

It would be useful if the author would identify which country they live in.
    It appears that Dell is willing to replace the defective screens for Europeans and Canadians.
    Those countries have better consumer protection laws for defective products.
    Dell's customer service is also somewhat independent in making the decision.
    And obviously if Dell does the right thing for its US customers it will need many more replacement screens.
  11. No Profile Picture

Dell vertical lines

Following is a letter I've sent to each of these individuals. You may want to send the same or edit. At least I finally found contact info:

Michael Dell
    Chairman of the Board
    Dell Computer Corp.
    1 Dell Way
    Round Rock, TX 78682-0001

Dear Mr. Dell,
    I purchased a Dell Inspiron 9300 in November, 2004 relying on my research indicating that the product best met my needs and the reputation of the company for good service. I can't sufficiently express my disappointment both with the quality of your product and your service.
    In 2006, about 3 months out of warranty, my computer developed a couple of vertical lines on the display; I'm now up to 36 lines. About 6 new lines appear every month. I contacted Dell through the website -- this in and of itself is extremely difficult. I was informed that it is a hard drive problem and that my warranty is expired. Googling this problem, I was directed to "dellverticalline.com". Go there. Read the comments. Then go to My3cents.com and read the reviews – 1,815 of them, giving your company 1.5 stars out of 4.
    This is a massive problem that you're not even attempting to resolve. You're irreparably damaging the reputation of your company as a result. I trusted your company's alleged commitment to quality when I purchased my computer, and believe me, I won't be silent as to my feelings of ill-usage. Do what's right. Issue a recall. Sincerely,

Sent to:

Kevin Rollins, President and CEO
    Michael Dell, Chairman of the Board
    Brad Anderson, Senior Vice President, Business Product Group
    Jeff Clarke, Senior Vice President, Business Product Group
    Alex Gruzen, Senior Vice President, Business Product Group
    Richard Hunter, Vice President, Customer Experience
    John Medica, Senior Vice President, Consumer Product Group
    Dell Computer Corporation
    1 Dell Way
    Round Rock, TX 78682-0001

(URL address blocked: See forum rules)
    800-289-3355
  12. No Profile Picture

I am facing similar issues with my Dell laptop. It too belongs to the famed 2005 batch. I have 3 lines on my screen. I really want to shake these people up. Any ideas on what would be the best line of action?
  13. No Profile Picture

unresolved

Hi I have A dell 9200 had these lines some time now wrote to del's ceo and finally got a call back they would not comment on anything and only offered a hundred dollars off a new screen what a joke! because I was out of warranty and only have this month to comply how did all you others get your screen replaced for free that was out of warranty?
  14. No Profile Picture

I think the best we can do is make more and more people aware of this. Lets hit them where t hurts the most. I am sure this will force them to announce a call back.
  15. No Profile Picture

Been back and forth with emails with the Dell Customer Advocate and today he sent me a DHL voucher to send my laptop into their Round Rock, Texas office for more testing. Bye bye laptop for a week
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo