1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Synaps 15" LCD Monitor

Help. I bought this monitor at walmart (I KNOW)
    It did not come with a driver, and the display looks really bad, I have used all the adjust buttons, and I can't get the display very legible, it would appear I need a driver, does any one know anything about this monitor??
    thanks
    Stacy
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by br5496
    Help. I bought this monitor at walmart (I KNOW)
    It did not come with a driver, and the display looks really bad, I have used all the adjust buttons, and I can't get the display very legible, it would appear I need a driver, does any one know anything about this monitor??
    thanks
    Stacy
    A model number might help.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by hiker
    A model number might help.
    Thanks, the model number is MT4BBP
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Monitors don't need drivers typically, it's about your video drivers (for your integrated video controller or video card). Make sure you're setting the monitor at the correct resolution (which, for a 15" monitor, is probably 1024x768). If you can't select that resolution, you need to update your video drivers - check your manufacturer's website.

Another thing that might help is the ClearType Tuner, assuming you're on Windows. It will optimize the display of characters on your LCD monitor and often helps a lot for a first-time configuration. Get that here.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Got IT

Hey thanks to both of you that posted. Moderator, you might want to save this for the archieve. Probelm resolved finally. I am running XP professional, and the monitor just wacked out. I tried all the adjustments, etc, and nothing would work, I googles the model, and all I got was a lot of people like me who had the problem with no answers, I continued to search, I finally got the manufactures name and number. They said I needed to update the video driver (even thought I had a brand new machine) well eventually byt trial and error, just unplugging everything and replugging everything in, it started working!! I still am not really happy with the monitor, so if you read this, I would not recommend to buy, but it does work now
    Thanks again
    Stacy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo