1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I wake up a computer automatically at a given time?

I need a way to wake up a pc from completely powered off or shutdown state at a given time for windows 7 32bit. I know there is a solution if I have access to bios settings but the problem is it's not my pc, and its owner has set a bios password so that I cannot access bios settings however I have full access to administrator account.
    So Is there a way to do this OR Can I remove bios password (Americam Megatrend bios ) without removing cmos battery or short circuiting jumper (I mean I cannot open its case).
    Thank you in advance.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Why not ask them for BIOS password? There is a setting that would need to be enabled in BIOS before attempting to find a solution.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by kuldeephp50
    I need a way to wake up a pc from completely powered off or shutdown state at a given time for windows 7 32bit. I know there is a solution if I have access to bios settings but the problem is it's not my pc, and its owner has set a bios password so that I cannot access bios settings however I have full access to administrator account.
    So Is there a way to do this OR Can I remove bios password (Americam Megatrend bios ) without removing cmos battery or short circuiting jumper (I mean I cannot open its case).
    Thank you in advance.
    Ask the owner to set it to auto start if it's supported by the motherboard.

You should not try to "hack" things that is not yours.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

They aren't cheap, but there are IP-enabled power strips available where you can connect remotely to the power strip and individually turn on or off a power plug.

Of course, that won't do you any good if your bios settings don't repower a computer after a power loss, you'd still need to make a bios change.

So like hiker said, get the bios password from the owner. If it were me and they for some reason refused, I'd be done with working on their machine for them.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

contact to the owner and tell to enable this option if your motherboard supports it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo