1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question What's a good brand wireless mouse?

What's a good brand wireless mouse?

And the price range?

Thanks!!!!
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Well, the logitech cordless MX is pretty much the best one out there, in the $60 range. Microsoft intellimouse explorer is pretty good too. Basically, Logitech and Microsoft are the 2 big players, and any of their wireless optical mice are pretty good, though if you're really into gaming or something, you'll probably want the top line models (slightly faster response).
    HTH
  5. Introspective
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

I my experience, cordless mice should be outlawed - we had some in the office here and it took a whole day to get them out of 'sync' and then.. after a month of use, they fell back into sync again.. so we were moving eachothers cursers.. and after an entire day of fiddling pressing the various buttons and wot not, we ended up having to go and get some proper ones for half the price

what a mess !

christo
    This is me: http://chris.uk.com
  7. Just another guy

Well, if he's going to be using it at home, that shouldn't be a problem. If this is for an office, the new intellimouse has an increased number of channels (something like 64000 instead of 1000), so if thats a consideration then the microsoft mouse may be worth a consideration. I live in a house with 2 or 3 (don't remember ) wireless mice, and have never had a problem (mine's a logitech mx )
  9. Introspective

aye - our cordless mice where Packard Bell and they were half price...

er might explain a thing or two

christo
  11. Me likey breadsticks...
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Two thumbs up for Logitech mx700. By far the best one I've used. I had the older Intellimouse wireless which I returned because it felt "off" and was very light. The mx700, however has a good weight, plenty of buttons, and I perceive no "wireless lag" when using it. I've had it ever since it first came out and love it. The only downside is sometimes the support for the extra buttons is lacking in games, although this can be worked around by tweaking settings, although it still is an annoyance.

-b
    PostgreSQL, it's what's for dinner...
  13. Just another guy

Originally posted by bcyde
    and I perceive no "wireless lag" when using it.
    The new logitech maxes out the usb port, so it is no slower than a wired mouse, basically by definition. The microsoft mouse only does 100/sec, compared to the 124/sec max, but even that isn't really noticable unless you have some uncanny reflexes in ut2k3
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

wireless mice are a pain, i dont fool with them for the simple fact, i am cheap, i aint buying batteries everyfew days for them. i use a optical usb logitech. and if i had to use a wireless, it would more than likely be a logitech. i tried a wireless, had alot of problems, bought a corded optical and would not go back.
  17. Introspective

aye - batteries are a PITA. Our mice just got weaker and weaker until we had the base station just a few inches from the mouse itself - then had to fork out for new batteries.. and that's when they got sync'd with eachother.

nightmare... gimme USB anyday
  19. Just another guy

Originally posted by Known_criminal
    wireless mice are a pain, i dont fool with them for the simple fact, i am cheap, i aint buying batteries everyfew days for them.
    Which is why the cordless mx700 has rechargable batteries, and the base station acts as a recharger. The charge lasts 4-6 days, then recharge a couple hours. No buying batteries.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  21. No Profile Picture

I got the Logitech MX Duo for about $80 I believe. The mouse is much better than the optical mouse I used on my old computer, I've only had the battery die on me once as well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo