1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Monitor/Speakers

Hi,
    i just scratched my Dell 21" monitor. it has an anti glare coating, and i think thats what ive scratched off, so its like a brighter bit shining through, this is extremely annoying. Is there anyway to add a bit more anti glare stuff onto it to cover it up, or am i being really dumb. ANY help would be great, thanks. Ive called a few computer shops and no one knows what to do!

also while im at it, can somoene recommend some good speakers that wont distort the colour of my monitor if they are next to it, because my hifi speakers did this and i dont want to cause permanent damage

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

never thought of repairing the scratch, but if it was possible i would sugest you call your local glass supply, being they use window treatments and do tinting, they would be the ones to know. if the stuff scratches off really easy, i would take a razor blade to it and remove it all. then if the glare was really bad, apply a layer of 10-15% window tint if the glass people dont have a fix. as for speakers, pretty much all computer speakers are shielded now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo