Thread: Sound problem

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sound problem

Okay i had to reinstall WinXP, i had to reconfigure the modem and reinstall a few other devices including sound. Now i have doubled even tripled check to make chords are in correctly, that i installed the Sound Drivers correctly even XP says so when i try and reinstall or try and fix the installation.

Ive troubleshooted and XP cant even solve the problem. Anyway basically what is happening is that my speakers will not play Sound, nor system sounds.

Has anyone had similar problems and gotten a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Sound card or onboard sound? You probably need to install sound drivers separately, not as a part of the xp install, so repairing the install won't help. If you have a CD that came with your sound card or mobo, or go to the manufacturer's web site, you should be able to get drivers there.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Okay same problem its onboard sound and i was trying to re-install the drivers to make sure they were installed not XP. Its really fustrating me this problem because ive checked everything and it all says it works but still no sound

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo