1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Partition hard disk

Hello All

Currently, I only have one 20GB hard disk, using Windows 2000 Professional. Now I am planning to buy another hard disk because i want to install RedHat in this new hard disk.

If I bought this new hard disk I dont need to partition any hard drive in order to install the RedHat, right?

Once I have installed this new hard disk successfully, how can I ensure the RedHat is installed into this new hard disk?

I know RedHat would ask me to choose which OS I want to run after I switched on my pc, does this means my computer would choose to load RedHat first?

If anyone know any good site which concern the questions which I have just mentioned, please let me know, thanks!!
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Once you have the other hdd installed, when you install redhat you'll be able to choose where you want to install it (which drive or partition) and redhad will partition the disk for you. You can also select which OS will be your default OS during installation. LILO or GRUB will load first and let you choose which OS you want to run.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo