1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question No Signal - partial new install

Hi all,

During bootup, case lights come on, including blue cathodes, fans, etc, I get no beep codes, the screen initially flashes the indentity of the vid card installed, then goes to intell splash page, then to the unable to load windows screen with many options such as boot in normal mode, safe mode, etc.

The setup:
    mobo - intel 865perl (new)

cpu - intel p4 2.4c boxed (new)

memory- corsair 3200 ddr 1024mb twinx dual channel (new) (1 stick each installed in channel A raid 0, channel B raid 0).

video - gainward geforce fx5600 128mb ddr, ultra 760 tv/dvi. (new).

hard drive - wd 40gb (from previous computer...not new). Verified working, and has win xp installed.

power supply - icute 430watt (new).

Only things on mobo right now are cpu,mem,video card.

Board has current BIOS (verified on intel site).
    In BIOS, verified cpu, memory, etc.

I've had problems with "no signal" on other builds, but those were memory problems. The twin corsair sticks are installed properly, 1 in channel A raid0 and the other in channel B raid0. The bios recognizes them (1024mb) as well.

Any ideas on why I can't get the OS to load?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

are you using the install of XP that was on the disk b4 you put in your new mobo? ... Windows should be re-installed after a new mobo is added as there are all your chipset drivers and stuff like that that may be different and will not allow the OS to boot. Most every other piece of hardware can be changed but a new mobo usually requires a re-install of the OS.

Hope this helps

Good luck
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes and you will have to contact microsoft and get a new key number to install it.
    thanks bill,
    robert

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo