1. dont click here
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

is possible to recover HD data?

My computer's power supply blew up. It took out everything!

All my hds, cards EVERYTHING!

I tried putting the hd into another computer and when i boot the computer it does not detect the drive at all. It doesnt even seem like the hd is spining when i start the pc up.

Is it possible to possibly recover this data? Is there a service i can pay! i have some really important documents I need!

I feel like i just lost 6 years of my life :-(
    quick fixs are never solutions
    Ritesh's Corner
  3. No Profile Picture

Unhappy

I have never heard of a power supply blowing up and taking EVERYTHING down with it. If your HDD did go down though and your sure it will not power up ... if you can find the same HDD that you know works ... open it up and swap the plates. If I were truley desparite and I had to get the data off that HDD that is what I would try. Then if that works (I've never had to do it) you'll most likely need recovery software. look on your favorite p2p app for programs like Easy Recovery and such.

Good luck man
  5. No Profile Picture

your old DNS problem

sorry to stray from thread, but in 2002 you posted a problem with IE not being able to resovle DNS. A client has same issue - had Win98 and IE5.5. I reloaded the Winsock stack, upgraded to Win98se and IE6. PC still can't resolve web addresses. IP stack is fineg, all networking settings are fine. Cable company can ping the PC but they are baffled. Did you ever find solution? Thanks, Keith pcvoyage@yahoo.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo