1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Dell 1535 Screen brightness

My Dell 1535 laptop screen has started to play up or something. The left side is dimmer then the right side, am not sure what to do. I could be a lose connection. See it started a few months back when I fold my screen open it sometimes goes really dim to the extent Its so dark so I have to open and close the lid a couple times until it works. But would that explain the left side of the screen being dimmer than the right?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Self-banned
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

First impression is that your back-light is going bad. Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, stop reading, and contact the manufacturer's support team. They should be able to guide you through the rest to get it fixed.

Not under warranty? To test for a loose connection, give it a whack. Really, wiggle the screen, tap the sides, pick it up and give the whole thing a few gentle thumps against your desk. If the light comes on, or flickers, it may just be a loose connection. Try detaching the screen, and re-attaching it. If that doesn't help, you may need to replace the screen, which I would recommend replacing the whole part, plastic shell and all.

Comments on this post

• karsh44 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by TheJim01
    First impression is that your back-light is going bad. Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, stop reading, and contact the manufacturer's support team. They should be able to guide you through the rest to get it fixed.

Not under warranty? To test for a loose connection, give it a whack. Really, wiggle the screen, tap the sides, pick it up and give the whole thing a few gentle thumps against your desk. If the light comes on, or flickers, it may just be a loose connection. Try detaching the screen, and re-attaching it. If that doesn't help, you may need to replace the screen, which I would recommend replacing the whole part, plastic shell and all.
    Yeah, I had that model a few years ago and experienced the same. Tech support said "it's under warranty just send it in" but I asked what the problem was anyway and the guy on the line said the backlight malfunction was a frequent call-in issue

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo