1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Asus Eee PC 1005HA

Hello everyone,

I have searched for and cannot find the following replacement part (keyboard): 04GOA192KUS-2 for the above mentioned laptop (Asus Eee PC 1005HA) but to no avail. Even the Asus site states that it is in back order. Does anyone know where I could get such a keyboard (Preferably in the US and BLACK)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Did you search on Asus official website?
    They provides all asus products.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Self-banned
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Mr K
    Hello everyone,

I have searched for and cannot find the following replacement part (keyboard): 04GOA192KUS-2 for the above mentioned laptop (Asus Eee PC 1005HA) but to no avail. Even the Asus site states that it is in back order. Does anyone know where I could get such a keyboard (Preferably in the US and BLACK)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    If it's on back-order, then that just means they don't have any immediately available. Check if you can still order one, or at least sign up to learn when they become available. Until that time, your best bet is to scour eBay for identical models for use as parts.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No luck finding a replacement keyboard

High again everyone,

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I have searched for hours, now days, to find a replacement keyboard for an Asus Eee PC 1005HA with no luck. I might end up making one out of wood at this rate.

If there is anyone anywhere in the US who knows of a location where I can get this keyboard, could you be kind enough to let me know? The laptop is virtually new (3 months max) but the laptop was opened thinking it was something else causing the problem. That meant - bye, bye warranty. Now, I find myself with a laptop without a keyboard.

Please Help! Thanks!

Comments on this post

• TheJim01 agrees : Lesson learned: If a piece of equipment (especially a laptop) is under warranty, send it in for free (correct) repair.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Replacement keyboard - Asus Eee PC 1005HA

Okay, here is my latest findings. After searching and asking up and down the internet, I have been suggest the following model: CPA-1336-BLACK. This model is recommended for the following models: Asus Eee PC 2G, 2G Surf, 4G, 4G Surf, 701, 8G, 12G (black).

My question is, will it work on the Asus Eee PC 1005HA?

Can anyone help, please? Thanks.
  11. No Profile Picture

You are in luck, I think...although this may be a site you already visited.

Sorry admin, I am breaking the rules. Apparently a newbie can't post a URL, but I figure I'm not spam and you need a keyboard, so I'm breaking the rules.

The official Asus store in the US/Canada (I think) is:
    estore dot asus dot com

Here is the link to the keyboard:
    estore dot asus dot com slash shop slash item dot asp?itemid=5211&catid=693

I just ordered a black, us version keyboard, so if they were on backorder before its ok now.

Of note, I also just ordered a replacement battery (6 cell) that was listed on backorder yesterday. Perhaps they just got a shipment in. Also, for others who may run across this, the site is legit, but seems to be more for dealer use than consumer use.

Hope this helps if you did not find a solution already.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo