1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Problems burning cd rw discs

I download quite a bit of music and burn onto cdrw discs i use i-tunes to burn them the problem i keep getting is when the discs have been burned and i play them i get static at the end on the last couple of songs but the thing is this does not always occur an example being that recently i have been buying packs of 10 Maxell cdrw discs the first two packs i bought all burned and played back with no problems, but the third pack i bought which was identical to the other two packs only 3 out of the 10 discs played perfect, this problem keeps happening with different brands that i have tried they work ok for a while then start playing up i have tried using different speeds but that does not help what i want to know is the problem with the discs themselves or is it a problem with my computer?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture

I think you should try to burn using nero.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Try playing the disks in other computers, do enough to know if you have a problem with the disks or a problem with playback on your machine.

If the disks contain the distorted sound, then review the process that you're using to prepare the media to write to disk.

I've ripped and burned hundreds of old vinyl disks and tapes to CD, manufacturing a standard audio CD by burning .wav tracks. I use Nero 8, and I've never had a problem like you describe. Oh, I never use r/w media, maybe you should try a few on standard cd-r media.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  7. No Profile Picture

Smile

Thanks for the advice guys i will give Nero a try.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo