1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MS Flight Sim X Graphics Card Upgrade.

I am not getting the detail I need especially ground detail using my present setup. Would I gain much by upgrading to an ATI 5850 Graphics Card from my present 5450 one, for use with MS Flight Sim X? I am using a 22" monitor at high res and Windows 7 and 4 g RAM and AMD Phenom 1015 6X CPU.
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yes, you would get a bit more performance out of the 5850. Here's a comparison chart. Linky

Although, unless you're buying it a killer price I'd spend the same (or a bit more) and get a card a few more series up. If you're looking to get some killer graphics maybe consider going the crossfire route.
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    Yes, you would get a bit more performance out of the 5850. Here's a comparison chart. Linky

Although, unless you're buying it a killer price I'd spend the same (or a bit more) and get a card a few more series up. If you're looking to get some killer graphics maybe consider going the crossfire route.
    Thanks for the list, very helpful. I think I will go for a higher spec like the 6850 or 6870.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo