1. Person everyone wants to hate.
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Remote Power switch

Hey guys. I'm hoping someone saw something like this, or knows where i could get one. I'm looking for a small power strip (like 3 or 4 ports) or extension (has to have a ground) that has a remote on/off switch to it.

Basically im looking to control the power of my dual monitors with 1 switch. They are LCD's and normally, i wouldn't fret about leaving them running, however they make this awful loud whine every time the sleep light blinks and its annoying as all hell (don't buy hanns-g monitors btw, they are crap) and the power buttons have 2 problems.

1, they are on the side, so when sitting next to each other, id have to keep moving one monitor to shut one of them off

2, the buttons are horridly attached, im afraid one time or another ill push the power (or any other) buttons and it will get jammed pushed in. (did i mention Not to buy Hanns-G displays?)

Right now, i have it plugged into a separate 4 port 3ft' power strip, but i have it on the floor. Im hoping to find something like that with a Remote switch that i can mount under the desk. I saw one of these years ago that was part of a specalized computer desk, but cannot hardly find anything like it, in that size (if at all).

What i have found is the following..

Practecol Power Strip with Remote
    More outlets than i need really, i could do with it but not too fond of a wireless remote just cause of it using batteries.

Tripp Lite 8 Outlet
    Looks solid, like the remote (even mountable) but again, more outlets than i need and Far too pricey)

6-OUTLET POWER STRIP w/ Remote
    This one is ok, odd mountable remote, a few too many outlets, and what appears to be non-removable wires = mass clutter.

Ideally, id want something like the Tripplite, but with 2 or 3 outlets (and alot cheaper than 70 bucks) This is all stuff i googled, but thought id ask here to see if anyone might have a source of these rare things Google might not know about.
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Why don't you just get a small one and put it where you can reach the switch? Just like a 2-4 port just for the monitors... Like this.
    Adam TT
  5. Person everyone wants to hate.
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    Why don't you just get a small one and put it where you can reach the switch? Just like a 2-4 port just for the monitors... Like this.
    Eh. cause its kind of in the way that way. I wanted to mount the switch under the desk. Mounting something like that would mean running 2 power cords near my leg, then having to run the main cord from the switch around itself then to the wall and down to the ground.

Its not vital or anything really, but id be nice. Tho i could just as easily fix my situation by getting new LCD monitors, but i have these and don't like waste. *shrug*

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo