1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have to finish my build!!

Id like to get suggestions on cpu, power supply, hard drive and Gpu and anything else

Ok thease are the parts i have-

Mobo: ASUS Rampage II Extreme Motherboard

Case: ThermalTake Xaser VI Steel Chassis

Ram: CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB

For ssd thinking OCZ 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk, MLC, SATA-III (VTX3MI-25SAT3-120G) Vertex 3 Max IOPS Series

Which power supply?
    - ThermalTake 1200W ToughPower Power Supply, 14cm Fan - Modular??

-Corsair 1000W HX1000W ??

How about the GPU id like to get the best graphics from a single card any suggestions?
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Is there any budgetary concerns? If not just get the newest model for GPU and call it a day. There isn't much to getting a GPU; just pick a brand you like, know, and/or trust and go with it. With only a single GPU I doubt you'd need over 1000W, even that seems like overkill to me unless there's something I missed (30 case fans or something like that.)

If you really want to delve deep into which would be best for you overall go find the most recent articles over at The Tech Report. They do a really thorough job and compare EVERYTHING under the sun for a particular piece of hardware.
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

First, I'm assuming you already have that mobo so there's no way you can upgrade to an X79?

I'm unsure of your budget so that makes it difficult to make too many suggestions. For a good mid-range CPU you could go for the i7-960. If money is not a problem, then the i7-990x. For PSU I'm assuming you're only using the one GPU? You can use GPUbenchmarks.net to see performance benchmarks of GPU... but you could consider the Radeon HD 6990 or for nVidia the GTX 590 which is basically two 580s. PSU it really all depends on how much money you have and the upgrades you plan on making later. Use Thermaltake's PSU calculator for a good idea of how much power you need and then add a couple hundred watts. You'd probably be more than fine with just the one GPU on Corsair's 850W enthusiast (85% energy efficiency).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo