1. "That Guy"
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Wouldn't you like to know? (To come beat me up maybee)

Cant get a post beep

Alright, I was watching a movie on my tv via hdtv cord, I freqently do. This time something odd happened . The tv screen started to display a bunch of static lines. After afew minutes they started to kind of show up on laptop screen. Now I cant start it. Theres no post beep, bios,nothing. Usb has power no data, cd drive works too . So is it fair to say the motherboard is done?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hardware

Originally Posted by Brokenhope
    Alright, I was watching a movie on my tv via hdtv cord, I freqently do. This time something odd happened . The tv screen started to display a bunch of static lines. After afew minutes they started to kind of show up on laptop screen. Now I cant start it. Theres no post beep, bios,nothing. Usb has power no data, cd drive works too . So is it fair to say the motherboard is done?
    I think cable was unplugged by any thing or not proper plugged in.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by RyanAlex
    I think cable was unplugged by any thing or not proper plugged in.
    It doesn't explain a thing.
  7. "That Guy"
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Wouldn't you like to know? (To come beat me up maybee)
    Yeah, no beep means that the motherboard is fried. Had to get a new laptop.

I believe it was caused by overheating over long period of time, and I was messing with USB cords. I stripped a USB cable to use the power leads to light up little lights. Also touched and mixed power and data trying to get a spark. That is what really did it in I think.

But yeah, if you don't get a beep and your fans and HDD spins, the motherboard is fried.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo