1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

3D Rocket Pro idles at 55+ - PLEASE HELP!

First, Here is my setup:

Albatron PX915P Motherboard
    Intel 3.4Ghz Prescott
    Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro

I originally had the stock Intel fan and I was running at about 54 degrees celcius when idle and about 60-65 degrees at full throttle.

I decided to pickup the 3D Rocket Pro as suggested here and other forums. I also bought a tube of Arctic Silver compound and applied it as outlined HERE.

After getting everything installed properly I am still running at about the same temperature. I've seen reports of people running Prescotts at less than 50 degrees celcius with the 3D Rocket Pro but I can't get mine to budge below 54.

I am monitoring my temperature with SpeedFan 4.20 as well as the system BIOS.

Anyone?
  3. No Profile Picture

swap it with the stock fan and tell us what the differences are. i wont be able to help but im interested in buying it to :P
  5. No Profile Picture

I was using the stock fan. When I switched to the 3D Rocket Pro I saw no change in CPU temperature.

That's my point. I'm still getting between 55 and 65 degrees celcius...

Ive seen reports of people getting down to 38 with the 3d Rocket Pro but mine won't budge...
  7. No Profile Picture

dont you think that the sensors nowdays are not accurate when it comes to Prescott?the PC is supposed to crash at 63C accoring to Intel but the PC is still working just fine.
    In my case I was like you...the prescott was running at 53C idle but when I updated the bios I got 10C increase to 63C idle.
    I'd say...relax you did what you had to do...you got yourself a new cooler and things didnt change.

and BTW,is there anyone out there with Intel Prescott and the stock fan who got a normal temperature?between 34-42?I havent met anyone
  9. No Profile Picture

yeh i have a intel prescott and stock fan, im reading like 65-80*C but it is fairly cold to the touch, i updated my bios but its still exactly the same, i'm giving it to a store to have a look at, i asked them about the temperatures and they said that they've only seen around 50*C which they say is normal for prescotts.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo