Thread: 55c+!! Help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

55c+!! Help

Well it would seem that I'm not the only one, that's good and bad i guess, but i just finished piecing together a 865glc, I'm running 4gigs or 400MHz DDR, with a 3.4GHz ht joint, nVidia gforce 5700ve, and a Sb audgy ls 2 HD's both western degie ones a 150 gig and the other a 130gig, its powered by a AP450W -- A-Power 450-Watt ATX Dual Fan Power Supply

1 CD ROM DVD writer something speed dont remember, anyway, 2 fan's one in the front is pulling and the one in the back is pushing it out, the fan on the video card not included,

it would seem that when i go and rock out battlefield 2 and put a good 2 gig memory load, she over heats in like 5 min, first i did the case closed, that was about 5 Min's till it heated up then i opened the case and had a fan blowing right in there, and it lasted about 20,

what the max i should set this temp 2? zone 1 and processor zone stay low barely moving at all during loads. But zone 2 just rockets up under stress,

did i not build something right? should i invest in memory heat sinks

oh the memory is 4 1 gig 400MHz ultra

anyone got any idea's before i throw some money away?
  3. Infernal Technomancer
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Where is the zone 2 sensor at? The sensor may be reading falsely, or you have an airflow problem in one area... Adding a side fan might help in that case. Make sure your psu fan is blowing out, too.
    Asker of questions and all-around annoying guy.

For difficult hardware problems, go to the Hard Side™-- DevHardware Forums
  5. They call me geek here........
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

try taking some load of it, remove hd and some ram and see what happens to the temps.
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo