1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Air cooling, advice please

What's up guys,
    It's my first post, so be nice :P

I got a new rig and im still stuck with air cooling ( and ill stay with it :P ) anyways... should i put one intake fan behind the front panel of the case ? is it worth it or useless ?

i currently have 1 intake on the side, 2 exhaust on back + 1 psu exhaust..

on my old rig, i used to leave the side part open of my case, i remember it used to give me better temps with the side removed.. shall i just leave the side open on this new rig ?

edit: i dont have a gpu now ( onboard vga ).. im getting a 7600gt in a week, so i bet the temps will increase ;/
    many thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by lenix
    What's up guys,
    It's my first post, so be nice :P

I got a new rig and im still stuck with air cooling ( and ill stay with it :P ) anyways... should i put one intake fan behind the front panel of the case ? is it worth it or useless ?

i currently have 1 intake on the side, 2 exhaust on back + 1 psu exhaust..

on my old rig, i used to leave the side part open of my case, i remember it used to give me better temps with the side removed.. shall i just leave the side open on this new rig ?

edit: i dont have a gpu now ( onboard vga ).. im getting a 7600gt in a week, so i bet the temps will increase ;/
    many thanks in advance
    i would recommend putting fans intaking in the front maybe intake in the side and if possible an extract on the top of the case (made need some case modding) this will create a good airflow through the case... a positive internal preasure is best as it dosen't cause as much dust to enter the system. If you leave the side of the case off it can affect the air flow a bit but the main problem is the dust.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo