1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation My Computer Temps

Is this too warm? This is according to speedfan...

Current temp: HD0 = 53 Degrees
    Temp 1 = 62 Degrees
    Core = 65 Degrees

Highest records:

HD0 = 70 degrees
    Temp 1 = 79 Degrees
    Core = 85 Degrees

I don't know why, but my computer crashed one night, I am afraid it overheated.

This is a laptop and I just cleared the fan out, I leave this computer on every day and it acts like a heater for my room... is there a cooling solution for it? Thanks... I am tired of using my dad's medical gel pad and throwing it into the freezer every 2 hours of putting it under my laptop.

The thing works though, it dropped my temperature to as low as 36 Degrees! Core still sat up at 60 though.
  3. No Profile Picture

Fahrenheit or Celsius?

im guess Celsius because no computer runs at 36F but

Current temp: HD0 = 53 Celsius - 127.4 Fahrenheit
    Temp 1 = 62 Celsius - 143.6 Fahrenheit
    Core = 65 Celsius - 149 Fahrenheit

A computer we built at school runs at like 29 Celsius which is like 84 Fahrenheit...but 80 Celsius is very hot and most computers have an auto turn off at is set at either 160 170 or 180 Fahrenheit.

Have you overclocked the computer at all which would cause it to run so hot...
  5. No Profile Picture

No, I dont overclock anything, but the company may have overclocked the computer, it was made by cyberpowerinc.com and boy, it gets WARM. I do have a sound card plugged in and that gets really warm and the touchpad gets so hot it burns to use it, so I have my keyboard (Eclipse II) and Wireless G7 Logitech mouse plugged in... and the charger too... would the light up keybaord, sound card and mouse charged plugged in have an affect? And I have 2 hard drives plugged in too...
  7. No Profile Picture

well when you use your laptop it is possible you are blocking a vent? Because the only other thing that i could think of causing anything to run that hot would be a major vent block or the fan is broken. But for the two hdds are they ext hdd? because two hdds in a laptop could cause more heat...
  9. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

what processor? all the intel laptop ones are good for 100'C, and for them 85'C is warm and well within spec, for an AMD CPU the limit may be a little lower (i'm not sure, would have to check)

as for your computer crashing, well what were you doing? laptops are designed to take high heat and i doubt that your overheating looking at your numbers, they appear normal for a laptop. Were you playing games or using any software that may have caused it to crash? and when you say "crash" please define it, did it hard freeze, reboot, blue screen, what?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo