1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Any cooling info control freeware?

Hello,
    Yesterday the CPU cooling fan of my PC stopped working because of dust jam. And computer become hang. The fan is multed. Is there any freeware software that can lookforward to the CPU Temp, Hard Disk Temp, Cooling fan's Speed and can shut down my computer if temp is out of the given range?
    Thanks for your kind help...
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

I don't know of any software that will do it (but i know its out there, just google for it). However if all you want is to prevent your computer from destroying itself then you should only look at the BIOS. Your BIOS should have options to throttle the CPU down if it starts to get too hot, and when that fails it can shut down the computer, many BIOSes can also shutdown the computer when the CPU fan fails as well

However with a properlly installed heatsink and a reasonable amount of maintenance you shouldn't have to worry about your computer overheating. So just keep the dust to a minimum and you should have no problems

Comments on this post

• zynder agrees
  5. Not much of a contributor
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Prevention is better than cure as an old man says. You dont need a temperature monitoring. You need dustfree motherboard (not just the fan but everything inside your CPU.) Cleaning it once in a while can prevent damage to PC components thus can lengthen your PC life. There is a good anti-static cleaner/wiper/brush whatever you call it that is available everywhere.

And also make sure you have a good ventilation. Let your CPU breath... whoooossshh!
  7. No Profile Picture

instead of using an anti static brush couldent you just blow the dust out with a small compressor thats all i used to do when i was useing a desktop pc and now i have a notebook and i have to have a fan matt underneath it to keep it cool lol
  9. Not much of a contributor
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by zynder
    How much is that thing?

if your talking about the fan mat about 20-30 aud

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo