1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CPU fan on 800RPM

Hi, my CPU is running at 76 ' C and my CPU fan is only running at 800RPM, when my computer first boots up from a "cold" boot, the CPU fan is spinning at 3750 - 3900RPM, when the CPU heats up the fans RPM decreases. I am wondering if there is any software out there that you can use to set the speed that you want your CPU fan to run at. I have tried using "automatic fan speed" in SpeedFan and it still wont work.

The fan is less than 5 months old, so surely it cant be the bearings. I have another computer that is over 6 years old and it still works fine.

Any help would be appreciated
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

disable speed fan, cool n' quite, and any other thing that's suppose to help in any way with the fan as those are the things that make the fan slow down
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Found the problem had some fluff or something under the fan blades, had to unscrew the fan to get it out. The fan is now running at 3468 RPM.

There is another question i forgot to ask though, in SpeedFan i have 4 Temperatures on the screen

Temp1: 74'C (Processor)
    Temp2: 38'C (Motherboard)
    Temp3:-1'C
    HD0: 40'C (Hard Drive)

I have no idea what the third temperature being displayed is could you help me with that, also does the green tick next to the temperature read out mean that its safe for the hardware to operate at that temperature. I also have some Blue arrows going down and a red arrow pointing up
  7. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

the third temp is being misread, there is a good chance that there is just no thermometer connected to it, as for all the symbols, consult the documentation for that program

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo