1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CPU Fan Keep On Off After Booting

My new amd64 system's CPU fan went off everytime I boot the pc. The fan would work only for around 10 seconds after booting before going off completely. Please help...
  3. Contributing User

You likely have CPU/Chipset fan spin down settings in BIOS and your fan does not support the voltage it is trying to run at. Check BIOS for settings regarding fan volts/speeds or cool n quiet settings. If bios has options, set to higher starup voltage (if an option) or disable the option to control fan speed.

I built a new AMD64 on an ASUS Deluxe board and enabling the cool n quiet the PC booted with CPU fan off and gave an error. I disabled and no error and fan spins, and was the fan that came with the CPU.

In addition to the BIOS, check windows for cool n quiet software.
  5. No Profile Picture

Exclamation Cpu fan not functioning properly

I have recently received a socket A motherboard from a friend to test. On inserting my own fan and when i switch it on I receive an error message saying "Cpu fan not functioning properly!!" this message appears for a short time and the computer cuts out. I feel this may relate to your problem but i have no clue how do erect it. I have tried resetting the bios and cmos and I still get the error message. Any suggestions

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo