Thread: CPU fan issue

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CPU fan issue

I have an Intel Celeron 800mhz processor w/ 370 socket, and Award BIOS 6.00 PG on a 601-686A motherboard. My Antec CPU sink fan was making a little racket before stopping, so I purchased a CompUSA brand for Intel Socket 370 rated to 2.8GHZ, and it never ran. Meanwhile, my heat for the CPU has reached into the 140's F and the case near 100F.

Would I be better off with an adapter that powered the fan from the power supply I read about on the forum, and a case or pc slot fan, or have I got something ominous lurking?

Thank you for your help.
  3. echo $usertitle['computer'];
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I hope you aren't running it without a fan - you have a good chance of letting it overheat/crash/burn...

why didn't the fan you buy not run? was it a faulty fan? where did you plug it in (mobo socket or molex).

I'd suggest getting a fan that runs from a 12v molex connector, and just hook it into the powersupply if you can't get the onboard header to work.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Never mind-I solved the problem by running the CPU cooler fan into the mobo slot for the CPU fan, then run the CPU fan off the power supply.
    Last edited by dkc_2001; November 25th, 2004 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Additional info

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo