1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CPU rebooting due to Mexican heat.

Hello, lately I've been having problems with my CPU, each time that I play a game or some 3D program (XSI) my PC will reboot.

I'm currently living in Mexico for the time, I have a P4 2.4 , 512 RAM and... a G-Force 4 64 MB (Yep, I need to change it...)

So, I figured out that my PC was to hot, seeing that Mexico is a hot country and I don't have AC. I opened the panel, to uncover that it was really to hot, so hot, that I burned myself, specially on my Vid card. Now, it may seem stupid, but I forgot to install some fans, I only have a fan for the power supply....

I was thinking first to clean the Cpu out of dust with CO2, only problem, seeing that I live near the cost, its full of sea stuff that makes everything rust, any idea how to remove that?

Next, I want to install 2 fans, one that blows air, and one that removes hot air, any other things I should know, or good Fans ?

Thank-you for your time.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Look for my post later tonight about the absolute best way to truly make your computer COLD, for next to know money at all, using only two output fans. It will help you greatly!
  5. No Profile Picture

I'll be looking for it good sir.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

do you have a fan on ur cpu?
    that should be the fist thing you get....(im shure u hav one) you should get water cooloing... it makes ur comp cold, and theres no noise

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo