1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

HP laptop recently started to overheat

Hello!

My HP dv2500 laptop recently started overheating. It's always gotten quite hot when I've played games and such on it, but the last week or so it suddenly turned very bad. After only maybe 20 minutes uptime, just browsing the web, it's as hot as a stove, major visual errors come up on the screen, looking a bit like LSD at the laser show, and then it reboots. The process is then repeated, only it goes into hippie-mode a lot faster.

I didn't install any new software that I can think of just previously to this. Today I tried getting SpeedFan, which for some reason shows that I have no fans in my computer. I'm pretty sure I do have fans, or did I get something completely wrong?

Please, do send help
  3. No Profile Picture

Yay, super fun time update!

Things went worse just now. I installed some other program for monitoring fans and stuff since FanSpeed didn't find my fans. The new program, whose name I can't for my life remember, required a restart of the computer. Only when it was starting up again windows wouldn't start, some sort of startup repair kicked in, and did nothing.

Wtf is wrong? Any ideas?
  5. Contributing User

This *may* be unrelated but you'll have to check.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/HP-...call,7812.html
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com
  7. No Profile Picture

i am using a dell laptop the problem is after 20 to 30 minutes it start overheating so i buy a cool pad for it (in this cool pad it has three fans and they are working properly) but my laptop still overheat and i have to shutdown it....... i am totally confused......now suggest me what to do?
  9. No Profile Picture

Exclamation i think you need to increase the RPM

well i suggest: go to the bios setting...there you have the option to increase the fan speed,,we try that or contact the server center people and change the heatsink fan
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by anand4hosting
    well i suggest: go to the bios setting...there you have the option to increase the fan speed,,we try that or contact the server center people and change the heatsink fan

Hey are you sure the option is in all HP models?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo