1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Intel 930 - High CPU temperature?

Hello all,

I'm running the Intel 930 dual core CPU @ 3,000 MHz on an Intel Sorento motherboard. CPU temperature doesn't fall below 65 celsius, while the original Intel supplied fan is constantly around 2500-3500 RPM.
    Is this normal?
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

yea, that sounds hot, is this a new install or and old one? is the thermal paste on right and is the heatsink dust free, also how is your case temp, does it get proper ventilation?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by edman007
    yea, that sounds hot, is this a new install or and old one? is the thermal paste on right and is the heatsink dust free, also how is your case temp, does it get proper ventilation?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Case temp is around 51 celsius. No dust on the heatsink. I didn't want to remove the fan as the computer is still in warranty, I just wanted to make sure I had enough "ammo" for arguing with the guy at the store.
    The case has 2 fans - top and front.
  7. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

51C is a high case temp too, i take it you didn't build this system, it sounds like a typical system made by Dell or other big name manufacturer, they always like to skimp on fans and produce inadequate cooling to save money, i would suggest just going out and buying a few case fans and installing them, that should bring the temp down a few degrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo