1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Laptop Fan Problems

Two Problems:

Problem 1:

My old fan for my Asus G50VT-X1 laptop began to die (make noises, perform poorly, etc) so I ordered another online for this particular laptop series.

The old fan (which came with the computer) says it is DC Brushless Model KDB05105HB, DC05V, 0.40A

The new fan says it is Forcecon(sz) Brushless motor F8U5 DC 5V 0.5A

it is the +0.1A that concerns me. Is that going to be a problem? Should I return the fan or is it okay to use?

Problem 2:

After unplugging the old fan and plugging it back in, when I turn the laptop on the old fan doesn't spin, and yes it's plugged in .... so trying out the new fan, it ALSO does not spin - and yes, it's plugged in to the 4-pin connector.

Neither fan will spin up....
  3. No Profile Picture

[ this post was integrated into the top post, can't figure out how to delete it ]
  5. No Profile Picture

Well, I took the chance and decided to just go for it. So far, so good. I figured as long as the voltage was the same, it would be alright. I also presume the voltage/etc of mobo connectors is still a standardized thing - it's been a while since I've been into hardware.

As for the other issue, my fan does indeed kick on but only afte the temperature gets over 40C. I recall having my computer idle at 32C with my stock fan way back when, after a dust clean.... but oh well. 40 ain't bad to idle.
  7. No Profile Picture

For laptop cooling fan you rather buy dell ( cooling fan ) it has light voltage and very manageable ,comfortable than which you are having problem.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo