Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Btw

Oh by the way I don't have the HP laptop model you have I have a system 76 I think it's a gazelle but HP might have been doing the same thing on accident too.
  3. No Profile Picture

Are you sure?!!
    Do you think that this kind of plastic is a rubbish material, or some kind of insulator between cpu and heat sink, or a former kind of a grease thermal material that has been reshaped to a rubbish plastic? does it was between cpu and heat sink or between copper tube and cpu?

I'm very surprised that by throwing it away, your temperature has been decreased significantly, so please tell me more specific about your current status and your work that has been done.

tnx a lot
  5. No Profile Picture

It was a piece of paper that said "Shin Etch? tear off before use" that was in between.

Since it's now cool enough, it looks like the resiny/rubberish material is somekind of thermal coupling. It wasn't like grease, more like rubbery. I think there may have been a chip under it that you could see through to. The copper? heat tube connected to this and the heat plate screwed down on top of it.
  7. No Profile Picture

Also try a Zalman ZM-NC2000 fan cooler pad (~$70 from amazon.com). I drilled ventilation holes under the cpu heat sink and stuck it (the cpu vent holes) directly over the cooling pad vent holes and now it it runs down near 25-30Celsius instead of up near 50-60 Celsius.
  9. No Profile Picture

Laptop Overheating

It is really a serious problem.basically the reason behind overheating is that the CPU chips and video chips in laptops are closely packed with transistors which generates heat.Your Laptop hard drive could be damaged due to this overheating.
  11. Contributing User

Your computer/laptop is overheating. So, I recommend you to buy laptop cooling pad. This may help help you.

Comments on this post

• jzd disagrees : 1. This thread is old. 2. This was already suggested.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Portal88
    Your computer/laptop is overheating. So, I recommend you to buy laptop cooling pad. This may help help you.
    I just bought a Targus cooling pad for my laptop, works great.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo