1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question looking for an easy to install heatsink

I doubt that there is a heatsink that was as easy to install as the stock, but I figured I'd ask and see. Basically I'm really paranoid about screwing up, it probably wouldn't happen, but I don't want to risk cracking my mobo or cpu.

My mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-K8NS PRO and the proc is a AMD 64 3200+ Clawhammer. So basically you'd more than likely need to be in the same situation to be able to answer my question, but let's just see. I really need to get something better than the stock, it's doing alright, but I want something better and more secure.

So far I think the GIGABYTE G-Power GH-PDU21-SC would be the easiest to install, it seems to have very similar parts that don't seem to require me to install a new bracket or really fiddle around at all for that matter. I'm open to suggestion and I apologize if this is not possible to really answer.

Here's the product link for the heatsink in question: Gigabyte G-Power GH-PDU21-SC . Sorry for not having a specific one for the processor, I doubt it would be hard to find. Thanks for the help.
  3. fifo
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Have a look at http://www.custompc.co.uk/ and search for cooling. They have great reviews on cooling. Personally I would reccommend Zalman coolers, I've used them for years and have always had great o/c with low temps. If your gonna spend 30 on a cooler, spend an extra 5 and buy some arctic silver thermal compound, it lowered my cpu by and extra 5-10 deg.C
    Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly
  5. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I will agree about Zalman, I use them all the time. Never had any problems with installation either.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo