Thread: P4 2.8 helps

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question P4 2.8 helps

Hi,

I have been reading around and am seeing various ranges for CPU temps, depending on who is saying the ranges are from 30-35 is good, while some will say as high as 50. This is the first computer I built, so I am not sure about everything and want to double check. I am using an intel motherboard 915PCY I with a 2.8GHz processor (LGA775, HT). It is running at 49 standard and 60 when running games or many programs. It does not really go any higher, but I have never seen it lower than 46 either. Is there a certain amount of time to break the processor in, or is this a good temp range? Or should I look at a different paste? Also, the motherboard range for area 1 and 2 is between 32 and 37 for both for heavy and light processing.

Thanks for any help.
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Those are acceptable but not spectacular temps. You can look at arctic silver thermal paste and/or a new higher performance cpu fan/heatsink to try bringing that down if you plan to OC or something, else its not a big deal.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture

P4 CPU temp!

Hi,

Your P4 2.8 LGA775 seemed running around -4C better than my P4 3.0 LGA775. My data are:

- Ambient Ta: 18-20 C

--------------Low load------High load (e.g Norton Virus scan)
    - Zone 1 & 2..36-38 C..........38-41 C
    - CPU............49-51 C.........53-64 C

What is your ambient (room) temperature Ta? I think the CPU temp also increase along with Ta! Therefore, pls specifiy the Ta.

CKanthon
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

room temperature

Hi,

generally in the morning the ambient temp is about 21C, but because of my room mates, by the afternoon the temp is up to 24C. I do not see a large change though in the temp of my computer though, but the CPU fan does increase by nearly 800 RPM in the afternoon. , and thanks Karsh44 for the info.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo