Thread: Peltiers!!

1. !Ruff Ryder!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Peltiers!!

Is anybody here using peltier cooling or know anything about them? I am really looking into it right now and I was thinking of making my own custom kit. However, instead of water cooling I was going to use a good fan and heatsink combo.

Does anybody here know anything about this and can possibly help me design my kit? I did a search and nothing interesting came up.
    My b0x:
    AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ Stock speed... (going up again soon in winter!!!)
    2 x 512MB Kingston RAM for 1GB dual channel
    1 x 120GB HDD (soon another ) ( <-- God I've been saying this for like a year )
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)
    Logitech Z-5300 speakers (0wN5!!!)
    ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro (0wN5!!!)
    Black ViewSonic A91f+@1280x1024@75Hz (0wN5!!!) (Well, too bad I can't go 1600x1200 above 60Hz )

If I helped you out please consider helping a poor college student get a free iPod for his long commute by signing up here with my referal link:
    My Link
    (I will pay you $10-$20 if you want to cover the cost of the offer for you. ***This ISNT a scam. I personally know a girl who recieved one a few months ago!***)
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I dont' have personal experience, but I do know that using peltier cooling isn't a particularly easy, user-friendly thing to install. You have to deal with significant condensation issues and the "kits" aren't available like with water cooling. If you want to try it, maybe put it in an older box first, to fine tune things. Good luck!

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees : I can see how any condensation issue could be significant ...
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo