intel mobo 865gbf
    P4 478 3.40E HT
    1024MB ddr dual channel
    100gig HD
    160gig HD
    ATI 9600xt
    Sony DVD Burner
    Stock cdrw drive

Purchased CoolerMater Hyper 6 (Highly Reccomend)
    Purchased 2 x 120mm Fans (One Front One Rear)
    Purchased 2 PCI Slot Fans

Under 1% - 2% processor load idles at 43C
    Under Heavy Load peaks at and stays at 65C

System Zone 2 does increase to about 55C under heavy load. Looking at 120mm side panel mod over ram. Ill reply back when its setup to let you know if it works better.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My temp on system zone 2

- Thermaltake Tsunami Dream VA3000BWA
    - Intel D925XECV2 – Intel 925XE chipset
    - Pentium 4 660 3.6GHz - LGA 775
    - 2 GB of OCZ high performance DDR 2 RAM
    - 3 300GB Maxtor OEM 6B300S0, Two hard drives are set up in RAID 0 – RAID 1 Configuration and the third is set normally.
    - ATI X850 XT PE
    - 2 Pioneer DVR-109’s
    - Zalman ZM400B Power Supply
    - Zalman CNPS7700-CU on the P4
    - Replaced all fans with better Thermaltake fans. 2 -120mm, and 1-90mm on the side.

+ Under low load system zone 2 stays at around 39C.
    + Under heavy load system zone 2 goes around 55C.
  5. No Profile Picture

Wink System Zone 2

Hi,

I just read about your problem. For me, the only action that really worked, was to install a fan pointing to zone 2, which is very close to cpu. I used a 8 cm PC case cooling fan with 3-pin speed sensor connector, from starTech.com. I use a glue gun, and in minutes my problem was finally solved. Forget about upgrading bios, that doesn´t work and you lose a lot of time.

PMO

Originally Posted by 925BoogieLou
    Hi,

I did the bios update and it didn't indicate a zone 2 heat jump for a while. Then it came back.

I've emailed intel support (email only) and will see what they have to say. With 5 fans in this new build system and NO WAY that this 'zone' is in fact overheating - it is clear to me that Intel may have a problem here - and what a hassle for the end user!!!!!!!!!!

I perhaps should have just went with another brand name for the mobo, like maybe ASUS.

my system:

CPU P4/3.4 GHz 800M LGA775 550
    HD 74GB|WD 10,000RPM 8MB WD740GD
    DVD+/-RW PLEXTOR|PX-712SA/SW
    MOBO LGA775 INTEL 925XE D925XEBC2LK R
    RAM GEIL DUAL 240P 2G(1Gx2) DDR2 533 R
    HD 300GB|MAXTOR 6B300S0 SATA
    Silentium T1 case

I'll keep reading and maybe we can find a solution. I'm not looking forward to a return and rebuild!

I tried 2 other 'heat monitoring' software packages with nill for results.

-B
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I just hit this site via Google and was greatly relieved to find other people with this same issue. After reading through all of the threads, I think I've tried the same things, but I have yet to discover a permanent fix.

Here's my relevant system specs:

-Intel D865PERL board with P21 BIOS version
    -Intel P4 3EGHz running at 800MHz FSB w/stock HSF unit
    -Antec TruePower 350W PS
    -ATI brand Radeon X800 XL video card
    -Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card
    -1GB Corsair XMS DDR400 (CL2) RAM running in dual channel dynamic paging mode

The only two things I found that successfully worked for me was to put a floor fan (yes, that's right!) directly on Zone 2, and leaving the case off of my system. Neither of those are real "solutions," but they let me know that heat was the issue.

What's really interesting here is that if I clock my memory speed down to 266MHz, my system runs fine. I had "no name" memory before buying the aforementioned Corsair, and it suffered from the same symptoms. I suppose if you can deal with "underclocking" your system, this provides a means to at least complete a game or two!

Anyway, there's my rant. I have the latest BIOS version (P21) and that did nothing for me. Perhaps I should downgrade. Anyway, I hope I've provided some useful information, or if nothing else, to let everyone know you're not alone from Zone 2 disease.

Good luck and happy troubleshooting.
  9. No Profile Picture

Zone 2 65C

I built this rig several months ago, and I haven't had a problem since. It runs 24/7. Temps for CPU range from 40's to 50's, peaking at 55. The other two zones are generally within 10C below.
    This afternoon I came home from work to the first message I've ever gotten from Active Monitor. I was actually a tad surprised, but eh. Zone 2 65C. It lasted for about three hours according to the log.
    Before I left for work I started Nero Vision encoding a couple AVI's to DVD format on the HD. That raised my brows. It was cranking enough data through my Corsair to heat up the mobo.
    I decided to remind myself where zone 2 was and here I am putting my two cents in.

The BIOS is up to date, everything's up to date lol. In this case I think it's just lack of cooling. The system's about 5 feet from a 5000BTU AC running at 72 24/7. Still, it's an old case that cost me $7, all I have running is a CPU fan. And yes, it's a Northwood, and that's why I chose a Northwood.

Just for reference-
    P4 2.80C Northwood 800FSB HT
    D865PERL, Latest BIOS
    Corsair TwinX 512x2 CAS 2.3.3.5 400Mhz
    PC Power/Cooling 470
    Asus GF6600 128

Just a quick PS, not to start a discussion in the wrong thread-
    I read somewhere on the first page of the thread (as I've read other places as well) about Doom 3's highest quality setting not running on [then] current PC's. I've never quite gotten this. I got it to work fine a year and something ago with a stock X700/256. Memory bandwidth? >shrugs<
  11. No Profile Picture

Same problem, a bit later...

Ok... I see that two years have past since this thread has gone dead.

I have the same problem than you all. My board is not the one of your models (DxxxPERL), mine is an Intel® 82865G with Dual Core 1.4.

The Zone One can reach up to 55°, no more. But Zone Two is almost always near 60°.

After reading the whole thread, I came to the conclusion that the only solution to the problem is to put an extra fan, since we got no answers from Intel. I'm also prolly to believe that the sensor is badly located, just next to the fan's way out, so it measures mostly hot air.
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo