1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

System Zones/CPU

Hi, I have done some configuration with my fan setup, 2 intake, one outake plus the fans on the power supply. The ambient temp is around 24C. The zones under load are 41C and at idle 36C. The CPU is 55 under load and 46 idle. I have upgraded the fans to move more air and the heatskink/paste.

Here comes the unusal part. When I put my hand in the case the air in there is actually cooler than outside the case and the RAM casing is actually cool to the touch. I know the intel865 board was having trouble telling temps and needed a bios upgrade. I have my bios upgraded (I have a 915PCY board btw) but nothing seems right.

So, can anyone recommened a solution, or possibly a program to help tell temps other than the intel hardware monitor?

Nothing seems right, and everything is highly stable...never had a crash yet.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

If your processor heatsinks are cool or warm to the touch that you chouldn't worry about it. As long as you don't go ove 75 C you will be fine.. I have run a processor over 100C and it had no damage to it so you should be fine

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo