1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Temperature at 80C

I saw threads on prescott in this forum, but they don't seem to be for the 775 socket. I just got my computer parts today. I can not install windows for now because I don't have a floppy drive.(I need the new chipset drivers to load from the disk.)

I have a MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum motherboard.
    I looked in the BIOS and the temperature is showing 80 degrees Celsius.

I know prescotts are supposed to be a little hotter but 80C in the BIOS does seem a little dangerous to me. I would switch out the fan if I could but I can't find anyone who sells them. The fan spins at about 3400rpm and is loud as crap.

If anyone has any experience please let me know.

Mike
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Stupid heatsink locks

OK. It took me 45 min to check on the heaksink. It is running at 55 degrees celsius now. I noticed that after I took the mobo out that the fan has popped loose. I really think the stock fan needs some revising.

I could not take the fan out. I managed to get two prongs out so I could lean the fan one way. I squeezed some artic silver 5 in. I did not have enough space to smooth out the compund though. I would have done a better job if I could just get the darn fan off! I'm waiting for companies to make heatsinks for the new socket so I can cut the prongs and not worry about destroying the stock fan. Thanks guys for the fast reply.

Mike

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo